Full Stack Vs Mean Stack Vs MERN Stack: Comparison & Benefits
Before we proceed further, it is important to understand the difference between Full Stack Vs MERN Stack Vs mean stack development. We will talk about the differences here and know how to choose the right technology stack for your next project.
What is a stack?
Technically a ‘stack’ consists of programming language, software products, and technologies. Typically there are 2 development stack types – technology stack and application stack.
Before starting with a project, you need to understand and consider some of these parameters:
1. What is the goal of your project?
2. Will you adopt agile technology or not?
3. What is the expertise of the team?
4. What are the cost implications and how flexible is your team?
Difference between Full Stack Vs MERN Stack Vs mean stack development
A website or an app that you see has two aspects to it – the front-end and the back-end. Both aspects need to be handled professionally and properly to achieve the desired look and operational functionalities.
Full-stack refers to a set of tools and programming languages that a full stack developer uses to create both, the front-end and the back-end of an app or a website. So, the developer is experienced and trained to design the best UX/UI as well as handle multiple technologies at the back-end. The developers start the development work of the app or the site from a scratch and go up to delivering the entire operational site or app.
Benefits of Full stack of web development
- A full-stack developer has the flexibility to switch from front-end to back-end, as and when required. A full-stack developer is so experienced that he can work on an entire app or website design structure and to different levels of involvement.
- Having a full stack development team also means a cost-effective investment. Companies do not have to hire separate teams for developing the front-end and the back-end.
- When you get a full stack developer to work on your project, the design and the project is under your ownership; as well as additional updates can be added at any point in time.
Benefits of Mean stack development
- One of the biggest advantages of using this form of technology is that it can be used to make highly complex websites and apps that are responsive. The work of the developer becomes highly simplified.
- It is one of the rapidly growing open-source development frameworks in stack technology. The availability of several plug-ins accelerates the development work, reduces system administration related tasks, and helps in the faster employment of apps and websites.
- With the Model View Controller architecture, the entire development process becomes smooth and seamless.
- A MEAN stack developer has a comprehensive range of testing tools at his behest for web app development.
Benefits of MERN stack development
- Works in the Model View Controller architecture.
- Smooth process.
- There is a range of testing tool suites.
- Helps in the complete web development process, from front-end to back-end development.
- Is an open-source framework.
Similarities between MEAN and MERN
Both are open-source, protect against XSS cross-site scripting, offer strong documentation support, helps in organizing the UI layer, supports MVC architecture, and have an extensive range of testing tools suite. Also, the similarity between the two comes from the use of MongoDB, Express.js, and Node-js.
Difference between MERN and MEAN
|Time to learn||Medium||Low|
|Architecture of App||Component-based||None|
|Data Binding||One-way and two-way||One-way only|
Which technology to choose for my project?
When the question is about choosing from the MEAN and the MERN full stack of web development services, you need to choose between the Angular and the React technology. Even though Angular has been one of the most used technologies for web and mobile apps in recent years, React is more over-powering and growing randomly.
In 2018, most full-stack developers knew Angular (almost 30%) and about only 26% knew about React. The next year, the statistics changed with 30% of developers becoming MERN stack developers and only about 20% knowing about Angular. The reason mainly was the lack of backward compatibility in Angular 2 and Angular 1.
Today, more than 74.5% of developers know React whereas only 57.6% know about Angular. Thus, remember that with passing years, React is going to become more popular. When choosing a stacking technology remember to hire the services of proficient full-stack developers like AvyaTech.